Monday, September 19, 2011

Fashion : Plaid & Stripe, yes you can!

I know what some of you will say, "Oh no she di'int" but oh yes, I did.
Mixing plaid and stripe might seem like something an angsty goth hybrid teen might do after watching one too many Tim Burton Flicks, or maybe a blind old hobo woman pushing a shopping cart full of plastic bags. But no, if done right especially classic plaid and preppy, nautical stripe, Plaid & Stripe are very chic, Carrie Bradshaw chic. Then throw in a little embellishment and you have a chic bohemian look. Go casual or super glam, combining the right plaid with the correct stripe is all about proportion, hue and fabric choices. It's a look I love and sport fairly often, so I thought it was about high time I shared my favorite mixes with all of you!

2 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

great picks! you have inspired me to mix a few more patterns into my closet! xoxo jillian:: don't miss my ayofemi jewelry giveaway

Unknown said...

I love the autumm colors in this inspiration post. It looks so cool and bohemian! :)